The Anthropology Department offers up to six awards for graduating Anthropology Majors.
These include awards in the cultural anthropology specialization:
- Outstanding Honors Thesis in Cultural Anthropology
- Outstanding Capstone in Cultural Anthropology
- Outstanding Major in Cultural Anthropology
And in the archaeology specialization:
- Outstanding Honors Thesis in Archaeology
- Outstanding Capstone in Archaeology
- Outstanding Major in Archaeology
These awards include a certificate and a small cash prize.
Faculty in Anthropology will decide on these awards. The outstanding capstone and thesis awards are given in the year of completion of the project, which is normally the year of graduation. The outstanding major awards are given in the year of graduation.
All students that want to be considered for an award must:
- submit a draft of their capstone or thesis to their advisor one week before the department presentations.
- submit a one-page abstract of their capstone/honors thesis project to the Director of Undergraduate Studies one week before the department presentations.