The Anthropology Department offers up to six awards for graduating Anthropology Majors.
These include awards in the cultural anthropology specialization:
- Outstanding Honors Thesis in Cultural Anthropology
- Outstanding Capstone in Cultural Anthropology
- Outstanding Major in Cultural Anthropology
And in the archaeology specialization:
- Outstanding Honors Thesis in Archaeology
- Outstanding Capstone in Archaeology
- Outstanding Major in Archaeology
These awards include a certificate and a small cash prize.
Faculty in Anthropology will nominate graduating seniors for these awards.
All students that want to be considered for an award must:
- submit a draft of their capstone or thesis to their advisor one week before the department presentations.
- submit a 250 word abstract of their capstone/honors thesis project to the Director of Undergraduate Studies.